Monday 26 February 2018

The Unusual Shrimp.

I am learning to: inform my audience by sharing an entertaining moment.

It was about 2 years ago when my mom called me,“Elijah! Dinner is ready!” I walk out of my room and downstairs I went trying to grab the scent of tonight's dinner. I didn’t feel like having dinner. I wasn’t that hungry and I didn’t have an appetite. I touched the floor of the downstairs carpet and I could finally smell it, Shrimp! I loved shrimp! I sat down at the dinner table and Dad plopped some on my plate.

I grabbed the spoon and scooped some in my mouth. It took a few seconds to realize that what I just put in my mouth tastes different than before. My eyes starting watering, I started to gag, this was my body saying to spit whatever is in my mouth out right now before my TASTE BUDS DIE! So I put my hand over my mouth and run over to the bathroom where I spat it out the toilet.

I still wonder why shrimp tastes different now. But one thing for sure is that I have been trying my best to never make eye contact with that seafood again.



No comments:

Post a Comment